Sunday, November 25, 2012

Last words for this round

I got home a week ago in time to celebrate Thanksgiving in New England with my family - sweet!  After loosing 10 pounds due to the scarcity of food and food choices, I am cramming myself full of a daunting amount of taste treats.  Yet this pleasant experience could not distract me from my recent experience - I am haunted day and night by dreams and desires to continue meaningful work in Haiti, elevating it to a more intense level as I toy with the possibility of starting a clinic in Majofre.  I stare myself in the face with the hows, whens, whats and whys of making it happen.  A giant Rubik's cube of logistical steps and potential pitfalls.  I have your encouragement and support to thank for this beautiful mess, as well as a team back in Haiti, doing their part to make it become a reality.  A group of us will continue to communicate by email in a variety of languages over the next few months, and God willing, I intend to touch back down with both the Haitians and you, my faithful followers, sometime in March.

to finish, a financial update:

2012 donations to date: $3025

2012 expenses to date: $1668
Meds and supplies: $1049
Patient assistance:  $192 (food, ambulance, tests)
Mobile clinic expenses (transport, food, stipends for assistants) $427

Therefore, I have $1357 to launch the next episode.

deye mon gen mon - beyond mountains there are mountains

1 comment:

  1. Kout Chapo !! Well done and welcome home Louise - Thank you so much for writing to keep in touch with fabulous photos -
    Continued best wishes and God speed-
    love, Deborah

    ReplyDelete